Thursday, March 19, 2009

I went to Walmart and lived to tell about it

That's right! I survived a shopping trip at Walmart. You see, I've been getting these texts that say

"dont go to walmart tonight. gang initiation. they are gonna Shoot 3 women at a local walmart"

Checked it out on snopes.com and it seems to be a big hoax. A lot of people are talking about it.. even the news stations. I bet some exec at Kmart or Target started it trying to take away Wally Worlds business. ;) Anyway, I went and the worst thing that happened is I spent too much money on things I probably didn't really need. I doubt there's much gang activity in my neck of the woods anyway... but ya never know.

3 comments:

  1. That same email hit my area also...I don't know what they have against Walmart...If they would say something like that about Duncan Donuts, then maybe I would stay away from there and not eat so many of them...grin...

    Lilfix (eHow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, this is crazy, right? I don't know about Dunkin Donuts but a serial killer couldn't keep me away from Krispy Kremes =) Death or donuts.. tough call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth of the matter is sometimes that stuff turns out to be real and its too late, but I'm sure if you received a text message, local police were notified already. In my local town I rarely went to Walmart without seeing police or local security guys on the prowl. However, please note, most of those security guys are not worth much at all.

    ReplyDelete